Like This Blogspot?----- <--Tweet This Blogspot

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Guitar Hero; Is It History?

I never personal played this game.  I never even really watched anyone play it.  I do understand what you need to do and how to play but I just understand the enjoyment of it.  The game is just not my cup of tea.
I had heard a lot of talk about the game title "Guitar Hero", everyone knew what it was.  Game after game started coming out, singers and bands were even endorsing them.  I was almost sure the game was not going anywhere and soon every performer would have their own version of the game.
Then, thanks to Twitter I seen RIP guitar hero, I had to check it out.  Reports now say they have dropped all work on the deployment of the next Guitar Hero game, also disbanding their guitar hero division.  

The companies’ reason is “due to continued declines in the music genre”.  This mean there will be no more Guitar Hero or DJ Hero.  The report also goes on to mention they will be laying off approximately 500 employees.
Is the brand gone entirely? No.  Could it come back? They may look in to rebranding the game some way but I am not sure if it going to happen.  In my opinion, the first one was alright and everyone after that was a scam to get your money because it was like 90% the same game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Comment

Most Viewed Weekly Attractions