Like This Blogspot?----- <--Tweet This Blogspot

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tips on How to Brand Yourself


Branding is important in life not only just for companies.  Everything you wear and do reflexes on your image/brand.  That image/brand can affect every type of relationship you ever have with anyone you have a relationship with-in your life. 
You can read more about personal branding and its affects in my post titled “Personal Branding: All or Nothing”. 
Over the past couple weeks I have been working on branding myself.  It has taken longer than needed but I had started to enjoy designing my self-image/brand and had gotten carried away.
I had a self-branding assignment as my last assignment in the digital design program with-in the Loyalist PR program at Loyalist College. Once I had designed my first self-branding design I had taken it to a few trusted friends around the school and past instructors from the business program at Loyalist College.   During the past couple week I have learned there is no perfect branding.
You will never amaze everyone. 
Everyone has their own sense of design.  Most important you can’t express everything in one design.  When thinking about branding yourself or a company; here are some key tips:
1.       Be Creative, don’t use a template.
2.       Remember that it represents you; your design should also represent you.
3.       Less is more; don’t over crowd your design.
4.       Color: don’t use too many color; once again less is more, try to pick 2 or 3 colors that represent you.
5.       Like your own design.
6.       Use it and distribute it.
Creativity is key when designing your image/brand.
In my opinion,
never use what other have.  You want it to stand out but not distracted.  Everyone could like it but if it doesn’t represent you than it’s misleading.  A good color blend is usually good, but only 2 or 3 colors is always best.   I don’t think you should use anything you don’t like yourself.  

I hope you enjoy branding yourself, it will be an image you use for the rest of your life and everything reflects on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Comment

Most Viewed Weekly Attractions