Like This Blogspot?----- <--Tweet This Blogspot

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NHL 2011 Western Conference Prediction


As I stated in my last post, eight teams from both the eastern and western NHL conferences have entered in the 2011 NHL Playoffs, competing for the Stanley Cup.  The Stanley Cup Playoffs start tonight; you can follow the scores at the bottom of my site.  To predict who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoff would be hard; it is going to be good playoff year.

You can find the 2011 NHL Playoff predictions and  2011 NHL Stanley Cup predictions here.
I will be giving you my prediction for each round of the playoffs.  Here is my prediction for the NHL Western Conference.  Last post was the NHL Eastern Conference Round 1 Predictions.
Western Conference Round 1 Prediction
Vancouver (1) vs. Chicago (8)
Toss up, will go to game seven, I am favouring Vancouver, but could go both ways.  In my opinion, the defending champs “Chicago” could be Vancouver’s greatest challenge in the western conference.  The winner of this series will be in the western conference finals.
Winning reason: N/A
San José (2) vs. Los Angeles (7)
San Jose will win in six games.  I think this series could be less than six games, Los Angeles is having a good year but I don’t think there strong enough to beat San Jose in the playoffs
Winning reason: Good San Jose Team
Detroit (3) vs. Phoenix (6)
Detroit will win in six games.  I think this series could be a seven game series, Phoenix is having a good year but I don’t think there strong enough to beat Detroit in the playoffs.  Detroit is down Osgood and Zetterberg, which may be the reason they will not will the Stanley cup this year but I think they will have a good fight against Phoenix taking them in six.
Winning reason: Good Detroit Team
Anaheim (4) vs. Nashville (5)
Anaheim will win in seven games.  I think all games will be won on home ice.  Anaheim has no goalie with Emery and Hiller injured.  Nashville with Erat and 5 others injured will have scoring problems.  Injuries ruined this series
Winning reason: Home Ice Winner
There are my 2011 NHL Playoff Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Comment

Most Viewed Weekly Attractions