Like This Blogspot?----- <--Tweet This Blogspot

Monday, February 14, 2011

Fans File Lawsuit against the NFL for 5 Million Dollars


The Super Bowl was amazing wasn’t it?  It was a great match up between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers.  You can also check out my pre-game predictions for the game by viewing my post titles “Who will win the Lombardi Trophy in 2011? ”.  As most already know the score was 31 -25 for the Green Bay Packers.
The Super Bowl was going well and millions were watching at home but as the game was playing, the fans were getting angry fast.  The fans were angry because when they arrived at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington they were told they had no seats.   There were a total of 1250 fans left without a seat.
The NFL had notified the fans only a couple hours before the Green Bay Packers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Game on Sunday that their 1250 temporary seats were filed unsafe.  Most of the fans that were seated in the unsafe seating area were given a new seat, about 850 of the 1250 fans were seated.   The remaining 400 were sent to standing rooms to watch the game.
Just two days after the Super Bowl the fans filed a lawsuit in Dallas.  The lawsuit alleges breach of contract, fraud, and deceptive sales practices, which is from the 400 fans that were made to watch the game in a standing room on a TV and the 850 fans that were made to sit in other seats.
Reports go on to explain reasons why the fans should get 5 million in damages.  They had complaints such as they had to sit in fold up metal chairs, under a over hands, without a views of Cowboy Stadiums huge video board and had paid to stand and watch a TV, which destroyed memory they will never get to have.  The repost goes on to say many people were disgusted with the NFL's actions and states the fans are not looking to get rich, only want their troubles paid for.
The NFL has announced that the roughly 400 fans that were left without seat at last Sundays Super Bowl will be able to choose from two options.  Option one; they can have a free ticket to next season’s Super Bowl and a cash payment of $2,400, which is stated as three times the original value of their ticket.  Option two; a ticket to next year’s Super Bowl and paid round-trip airfare with hotel accommodations. 
All I have to say is WOW.  Don’t get me wrong I understand where the fans are coming from; there is nothing more I hate than buying something and not getting what I thought I was paying for.  5 million may not be a lot of money to the NFL but 5 million is still a lot of money.  Look at what they are offering, in my opinion I would take it and run.  When I first heard about this I only thought the fans would get their money back, yet three times their value, plus.  I understand where the fans are coming from but 5 million is a little extreme.  If I had filed a lawsuit on every company that had done something like this to me, I would be a billionaire.
I do have to admit the "fan's" case does look solid and they just may get what they are demanding.

Also, what if the NFL has a lock out next season?  There will be no Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Comment

Most Viewed Weekly Attractions