Like This Blogspot?----- <--Tweet This Blogspot

Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanking the Local People

Just a quick blog on something I had noticed over the holidays.  I had heard some talk about a dinner one of the local churches were having and I decided to attend it with my family.  My mom and her friends go to them every year, talking about the good food.  This year I had heard others talking about the Parkdale Baptist Church having a dinner and I thought I would go.
The meal was alright, the entertainment was good.  I am not sure if it was something for me, I’m just not a fan of huge crowds for dinner and lining up to eat.  I like the whole big family thing but 12 people is good for me.

I got thinking, for the locals in the area this was their family, most these people came with a one or two people and knew most the others, than I got think these dinner was what some people to forward to each year, as a kind of group get together.  I found it a good way to get out and get to know more people in your community.
I do have to thank Parkdale Baptist Church ad all other non for-profit organizations that help out this this holiday get together and dinners they provide to the communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Comment

Most Viewed Weekly Attractions