Like This Blogspot?----- <--Tweet This Blogspot

Saturday, May 14, 2011

NHL 2011: West & East Semi-Final Recap


If you have been following my blog or are just reading for the first time now, I have been attempting to predict the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  As you read in my NHL 2011 Playoff east and west predictions.  Eight teams from both the eastern and western NHL conferences have entered in the 2011 NHL Playoffs, competing for the Stanley Cup.  The Stanley Cup Playoffs Round two ended last night; you can follow the scores at the bottom of my site.
Attempting to predict the Stanley Cup playoffs are not easy.  Players commonly play better than normal and some teams do better than expected.  I enjoy watching the NHL Playoffs which is the reason I attempt to predict them as I commonly do with friends.  Here is a recap of my east and west Playoff predictions.
Western Conference Round 2 Rep
Vancouver (1) vs. Nashville (5)

Good Job Vancouver, I thought it would be in five games but it was six.  Vancouver this year is a good team; it could be their year to win the Stanley cup.  Vancouver is currently the only Canadian team left in the playoffs.  My Prediction was Right.
San José (2) vs. Detroit (3)
Good job both teams.  My person favourite series of round two, I knew it would be the best t watch.  Both team doing well this year but San Jose won an amazing seventh game.  The San Jose Sharks are my number two possible team to win the Stanley cup this year.
Eastern Conference Round 2 Rep
Washington (1) vs. Tampa Bay (5)
WOW, what happened?  In my opinion should have seen this coming Washington commonly do not show up in round two or three of the Stanley Cup Playoff.  Although I thought it might have been Washington’s year, Tampa Bay surprised me eliminating Washington in FOUR games. My Prediction was Wrong.
Philadelphia (2) vs. Boston (3)
Boston took Philly in four games, although I thought I would be six.  Philly has been fighting injuries all year and I believe it cost them the playoffs this year.  Boston is playing well and is doing a good job at staying of the injury list.  My Prediction was Right.
There is my recap of the Stanley Cup semi-finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Comment

Most Viewed Weekly Attractions